Friday, January 28, 2011

The next great adventure begins...

Tomorrow my husband and I are starting our first official house hunt! I'm so excited. I've been living in apartments and other various non-permanent housing (dorm rooms, intern housing, 11'x14' studio apartments, etc.) since going to college over 15 years ago!

I want a front door that opens to the outdoors - not a hallway where the neighbors have left their trash out. I want a washer and dryer of my own that doesn't take quarters and doesn't have someone else's laundry sitting in it. I want walls that aren't white or eggshell. I want a bedroom wall that doesn't have a stranger's baby crying on the other side of it. I want a little plot of land to plant things in. I want to live somewhere that belongs to us and isn't borrowed. Oh, and my husband wants a dog - which I have promised him we can get once we have a house with a yard of some kind. I'm thinking he might get a puppy for Christmas this year.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Good luck with the house hunt! I think it's so much fun looking at houses. I hope you find the perfect place to call home!

Kelly Jo said...

Good luck! It will be very exciting to become a homeowner! We are going to start hunting once we know where Jared will be working. Have fun!