Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Not all anniversaries are to be celebrated

Mother Nature sure likes to kick you while you're down, doesn't she? Today is the one year anniversary of our one and only BFP, which was apparently some kind of miracle. When we went through the subsequent loss, I never though in a million years that a year would go by without me being pregnant again. All that crap that everyone tells you about being more fertile after a miscarriage, or more fertile after going through the delight of having an HSG done (that was in sarcastic font), or my favorite line 'at least now you know you can get pregnant'. All I know is that I was pregnant, for two precious weeks I was. But a year has gone by and I have no baby, I'm not pregnant again, I have not been pregnant again...and the little voice inside my head asks will we ever be pregnant again?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry....these anniversaries are REALLY difficult. My heart goes out to you. I believe it will happen for you hun. Sending hugs and love <3

Lyndsey Davis said...

I just found out that my first IVF failed. I have been pregnant twice, both ended in early miscarriage. It's now been 2 and a half years since that last pregnancy and I'm starting to wonder the same thing as you. Will it ever work again? And if it didn't work with IVF I just don't see the point in continuing with any of this. Saturday would have been our 2nd baby's birthday. You're so right when you say some anniversaries aren't meant for celebrating. I don't have any words to make you feel better but do know you are not alone. (hugs)