Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A new chapter...a new blog.

We got huge news yesterday. Life-changing news. The kind of news where you go get coffee afterwards so you can sit calmly until you absorb it enough to be able to think and talk again.

We can't get pregnant on our own. It's just not going to happen.

Our only option if we want to have a child of our own is to do IVF with ICSI. That's it. No IUI, no more good old-fashioned trying, just hardcore medical intervention, or a hardcore miracle.

I'm still working through all of this in my head, but one thing that I feel is certain is that I want to start a new blog. This one has always been sporadic and somewhat undefined and not quite anonymous enough to get into specifics. But this feels like something that I want to document in a blog specifically dedicated to the experience of being diagnosed with MFI and going through the IVF process where I can be honest and brutal. I need a title though! I can't think of one to save my life and I desperately want to get started! I'll post a link to it as soon as I have it, in case any of you want to follow me there.

Thanks for all of your support the past several months. Even though I never quite got into the habit of blogging regularly, I have enjoyed the little bit that I've done.

2 comments:

Tia said...

I'm sorry that it has all come down to one option. Good luck on your IVF journey!

T said...

Im sorry that Ivf is the only option for you. I look forward to following your new blog.