Sunday, March 6, 2011

I'm not very good at this.

I'm starting to realize that I'm not a great blogger. I'm pretty sure I should be posting more than once every couple of weeks. This time my excuse is that I've been working like crazy. Excuses, excuses. So...what news do I have? Well, we had our first appointment with an RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) on Friday. It actually went pretty well. He wants to get a second s/a done, in a better lab, as did the urologist. I hope that means the numbers will be better. Apparently the lab we used the first time around tends to not do the test within the time limit, and don't always know what to look for which may have affected both numbers that were low. The lab we'll be using this time is the lab that is used for IVF, so they know exactly what they're looking for. So, we'll do that in a couple of weeks (doc wanted to wait in case I'm pregnant this month - I like his optimism), and then go from there. He mentioned IVF a couple of times, which made us both kind of nervous. That's a big expense we'd have to save for, and I don't think either of us is mentally ready to consider it as an option just yet. I did ask if there were any options in between trying naturally and IVF and he said yes, but didn't elaborate. I think he really wants to wait and see what the numbers are from the second round of testing.

Oh - in more exciting news - three weeks until we close on the house!

4 comments:

T said...

I hope you get good results and are able to move forward with a treatment option you feel comfortable with.

Tia said...

Good luck with the second S/A. Hopefully, you'll be able to move forward without having to do IVF if that's not something you're ready for. Keep us posted on how this cycle goes and what you find out.

T said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
T said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.