Friday, April 8, 2011

A strange sense of relief.

Yesterday was my EDD (estimated due date). I was apprehensive leading up to it, because I wasn't sure how I would react. In the end it was just another day. I guess I never put too much stock in it because due dates are so uncertain to begin with. Today I feel a strange sense of relief. No more missed milestones. No more thinking about how many weeks I should be or what trimester I'd be in. At this point what might have been is just so much more abstract than all of that that my mind isn't latching onto it like it did with the pregnancy milestones. It's nice, actually. I was pregnant, then wasn't. I don't have a child, but I didn't before, so that's nothing new.

2 comments:

T said...

Im glad the day wasnt too rough on you and that you were able to feel relieved!

Anonymous said...

((HUGS)) I'm glad it wasn't too hard on you. I'm hoping and praying for your take home baby!